Skip to content
Photo Credit: Alyssa Henry
2022 Program Information
This winter ski season will mark the 9th annual Ski for the Health of It program. While details regarding the 2022 ski season are imminent, Anthony Lakes and the Baker 5J school district are excited to return to the full 8-week Friday ski program.
The Ski for the Health of It program offers affordable skiing and snowboarding to Baker County Youth thanks to the generosity of the Leo Adler Foundation and Community Bank.
The program includes eight Fridays of lift tickets, rentals, lessons, and transportation for just $80. Ski for the Health of It was created to provide affordable skiing to Baker County youth, offering priority to students who have never skied or snowboarded and/or have never participated in the program.
Below is preliminary information regarding the 2022 program. Please know that some program details, including the registration process, have changed from previous years. Please read below to find out how and when to register your student(s).
- Ski for the Health of It is open to Baker County youth, 4th to 12th grade
- Includes all Baker 5J, Harvest Christian, and homeschool students in Baker County
- Program is limited to 150 4th to 8th graders & up to 50 high schoolers
- Priority is given to students who have never skied or snowboarded
REGISTRATION INFORMATION & DATES:
- All pre-registration, registration, payment, and program information will be online only through the Baker 5J school district via the Parent Square platform and social media (Baker FridayPlus and Baker School District)
- November 1, 2021: Pre-registration (online) will open to students
- November 10, 2021: Students will be notified of program selection and emailed registration forms
- December 15, 2021: All registration forms and payment must be received
2022 SKI FOR THE HEALTH OF IT PROGRAM INFO:
- Eight weeks of skiing/riding, includes lift tickets, rentals, and lessons
- Open to students 4th thru 12th grades
- Program begins on Friday, January 7, 2022 and ends on Friday, March 4, 2022
- There is NO FRIDAY PROGRAM ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 25!
- Buses meet at The Sports Complex (North of High School) in Baker at 7:45am, for an 8am (sharp) departure.
- Buses leave the mountain at 3pm, returning to The Sports Complex around 4pm.
- No make-up days or lessons for illness, inclement weather, lift holds, other sports, etc.
- Cancellation or withdrawal from the program is allowed without penalty until December 15th only.
- ATTENDANCE: 100% attendance is encouraged. Please understand that if your child is registered, but not attending the program, they are taking a spot from someone who is eager to participate 100%.
The Ski for the Health of It program is made possible through the generosity of the Leo Adler Foundation, Community Bank, and the countless parent and staff volunteers. Anthony Lakes and the Baker 5J school district are looking forward to another great season of skiing and snowboarding with Baker County students.
If you have any immediate questions, please reach out to email@example.com.