We all share the responsibility for a great winter experience.
Common sense and personal awareness…
Your Responsibility Code
Winter recreation can be enjoyed in many ways. At Anthony Lakes Mountain Resort you may see people using alpine, snowboard, telemark, cross country, or other specialized equipment such as that used by disabled or physically challenged individuals.
Regardless of how you decide to enjoy the slopes, always show courtesy to others and be aware that there are elements of risk that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. Observe the code below and share with others the responsibility for a great winter experience.
1. Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people and objects.
2. People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
3. You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
5. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
6. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
7. Prior to using any lift, you must have knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
This is a partial list. Be safety conscious.
KNOW THE CODE. IT’S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!
Freestyle Terrain Safety Initiative
A great video by NSAA and Burton about Terrain Safety.
Lids on Kids
A website dedicated to children’s safety on the mountain.
Join Anthony Lakes Ski Patrol
The Anthony Lakes Ski Patrol is a group dedicated volunteers helping to ensure a safe environment and a quick response when injuries or emergencies occur. They have a long and respected history at Anthony Lakes Ski Area and invite participation in the volunteer organization. Please ask for information or view the application by emailing Amy Swiger at firstname.lastname@example.org and consider joining in this rewarding activity
Wallowa Avalanche Center
For more information about avalanche safety, visit the Wallowa Avalanche Center website.