ALMR Rules of Use
Statement from the Forest Service:
Within the permit area, the ski area and its representatives are authorized to discourage and report to the appropriate authorities:
- Incidents of offensive or derisive communication directed at any other person who is lawfully present when that communication has a direct tendency to cause acts of violence by the person whom the remark is directed; and
- Communications or actions directed toward inciting imminent lawless action and likely to incite such action.
The ski area may enforce rules of use, including a rule of use that prohibits the foregoing conduct, within the permit area and may remove persons who violate the Rules of Use. The ski area may use private security services or security guards and/or off-duty state or local law enforcement personnel to enforce the rules of use. The ski area may also call upon state or local law enforcement agencies to enforce violations of state or local law and forest service law enforcement to enforce violations of federal law.
- The terms “skiing” and “skier” will also refer to “snowboarding” and “snowboarders, and to any other users of the ski area.
- The Ski Area Permit Holder will be referred to as the “ski area.”
The ski area may remove/trespass persons from the permit area for the following acts/behaviors:
- Violations of state/federal/local laws or regulations
- Threats of violence or communications or actions likely to incite imminent violence or other imminent lawless behavior in others
- Use of lifts, terrain parks, groomed runs both Nordic and Alpine without a valid lift ticket or pass.
- Unauthorized resale or purchase of lift ticket/pass, or any other fraudulent use or alteration of ticket/pass
- Actions likely to cause harm to self or others such as violation of closed areas, reckless/hazardous behavior on the slopes, including but not limited to reckless jumping, out of control skiing or boarding, excessive speed in designated slow areas, unauthorized construction of jumps or obstacles.
- Sledding or tubing in unauthorized areas.
- Unauthorized public use of snowmobiles within ALMR special use permit area November 1st through April 15th.
- Unauthorized removal, destruction, defacing or relocation of any signs, barricades, rope lines, cones, or other warning or marking devices
- Reckless or hazardous behavior on lifts that may endanger self or others such as jumping from lift, deliberate excessive swinging of chairs, climbing towers or in any way interfering with the safe operation of the equipment.
- Any conduct that interferes with the safe administration of avalanche control.
- Unauthorized overnight parking or camping
- Use of any unapproved/unauthorized equipment or downhill devices at the ski area
- No uphill traffic in unauthorized areas
- No unauthorized snowmobiles within the ALMR SUP area or on FS 7300 Road.
- All public snowmobiles will remain on the North Side of FS 7300 Road.
- No Drone Use allowed in the ALMR SUP area.
- Face Coverings required at all times while within the ALMR SUP are.